Friday, July 29, 2011

just let go!


I've officially started my weekend off.
Well, I decided to anyway.  A few hours early.
Funny how I can be so excited to be off
for the weekend.
Isn't that what a weekend is supposed to be for?
Some time off?
(Well, I really don't know how a full day off looks like anymore.)
(And honestly, I feel a little guilty because I should be
working.  You know, that BIG motion due in a few days.)

Then, I heard myself saying ...
encouraging, maybe even justifying ...
that I need this.  So, just let go!
For a few days.
Don't think about work
At.  All.

One of my dearest, best friends booked
us a massage and some calming/detoxing wrap
for this afternoon, followed by a lovely dinner.
She said, just escape.
Savor it.
You deserve it.

So, if she thinks I deserve it,
it's okay, right?

Well, I do feel less guilty.
(Maybe I'll be hitting myself on the head in a few days ...
but let's not look too far ahead.)
And what matters is right now.
This present moment.

And this present moment,
I'm clocking out.
Just looking forward to pure relaxation.
And lots of yummy food.
Sweet dessert.
Good conversation.
Great wine.
Hugs, kisses,
 and, of course,
 lots of laughter.

Isn't that what life is all about?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...