Monday, March 2, 2015

Skylights

I know I haven't written a post in a few weeks. Sorry for being in absentia again. But I have good reason. There's a project that I've been busily working on with Kari, and it has taken up a lot of my free time, including the time that I usually reserved for blogging.

But, I'm really excited about this project. It has been an idea that had been lurking around in my mind for, honestly, years. And more so in the last two. Then, in the last three months, in fact, since Kari became my NaNoWriMo buddy, I had a feeling that she would be the perfect person to work on this with. And I was right. Because this project wouldn't be the same without her, the same way Sherlock Holmes would not be Sherlock Holmes without Dr. Watson and Tom & Jerry would not be Tom & Jerry without the other. I know, I'm sounding a little dramatic here, but again, I'm excited and grateful!

Without further ado, here's a little peek of our project:


Skylights Magazine is a digital publication about embracing the unexpected in a city of a billion lights. The publication stems out of love for our two big cities - NYC and LA - known for its bright lights and allure of big dreams. But with all that glitter comes high expectations that can leave one feeling lost and disenchanted when life as planned or dreamed does not deliver. So, in Skylights, we hope to offer inspiration to embrace the unexpected that big city life, or life in general, throws our way. To embrace the unexpected in ourselves. That part of us that doesn't usually hold top rank title of lawyer, doctor, mother, performer. It is the profound moments in the simplest of things that Skylights aims to recognize and celebrate.

The magazine will officially launch on March 20th. I know that is a few weeks away but I'm really excited about this. In the meantime, you can sign up for the launch notification at skylightsmagazine.com. It's just a reminder about the launch. (Note: Your email address won't be kept on file after the notification, so no worries about receiving spam emails!)
 
Anyhow, I hope you check out our site. And I'm not abandoning this blog. I'm keeping this space of mine and will continue to blog periodically. Thanks for being awesome readers!


6 comments :

  1. How exciting! Congratulations!
    April xx

    http://aprilrosepengilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been an exciting adventure so far!

      Delete
  2. I'm just now seeing this! We really have been busy!
    Such sweet words you've given me and I'm not entirely sure I am deserving, but I'll take it :) You are surely the Tom to my Jerry, the Sherlock to my Watson, the Sam to my Patrick (maybe? Or the Charlie to my Patrick?). Point being, I am grateful to you as well!
    & I am so excited for Skylights Magazine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so deserving of it! I'm really loving how Skylights is turning out. Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...