Wednesday, May 1, 2013

in a nutshell: 250 words

I know I said that I have no time to write these days.  And so, what was my solution to that?  I decided to participate in Jenni's Blog Every Day in May challenge.  I know, I'm a little crazy.  But, I'm always up for a challenge.  So, here it goes.  The first day's topic is "the story of  your life in 250 words or less," which honestly, I always find very difficult to write.  So, I tweaked it a little.  Instead of a short autobiography, I wrote a "who I am" in 250 words. :)




Now, here's me in a nutshell:

I believe ice cream and balloons are the perfect combo for a fabulous, happy birthday.  Roses are beautiful, but daisies and I have a much deeper connection.  The Godfather is one of my all-time favorite movies.  The Godfather II is another top one on that list.  The two have pulled me through some very dark periods in my life.  Music has a way of shaking me to the core.  Want to evoke an emotional reaction from me?  Play a song.  U2 has forever changed me.  Over and over again.  I believe that every chapter in our lives should have a soundtrack.  With that said, mixed tapes (and/or CDs) can never go out of style.  Many, many years ago, I chose law school over a career in writing.  Now, I’ve made a career out of writing as a lawyer.  I’ve been told I’m an old soul.  One of my favorite pastimes is listening to people’s life stories.  My grandmother is my favorite storyteller.  My seven-year-old nephew is a very close second.  I’m horrible with remembering names, but I’ll remember your first boyfriend’s or ex-mother-in-law’s birthdays.  I’m a recovering coffee addict.  I still love the smell, and the taste, but unfortunately, I can’t have any of it.  Unless it’s decaf.  And well, if you’re a real coffee drinker, you know that decaf is not really coffee.  (The no-coffee is my self-imposed prescription for a healthy state of mind.  Maybe I’ll blog about it one day.)  And lastly, the sky makes me happy.     


1 comment :

  1. Hi Mae
    I'm the same with music, it can change my mood instantly depending on what song I'm listening to! Les Miserables is definitely not one for me to listen to when I'm feeling a bit down!

    Thanks so much for the follow on GFC, following you back to.

    Have a lovely day
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...