Wednesday, February 11, 2015

DTLA | The Last Bookstore

Two weeks ago, I had to be in downtown L.A. for a seminar. And instead of driving over an hour to travel less than 15 miles, and then, scramble around one way streets for another thirty minutes to look for parking, I decided to take the train. There's a certain kind of freedom that comes with taking the train and roaming around the busy city streets. It felt good not to be confined inside my car. It felt even better not to be locked in traffic. I got to sit back, read my book and made it to downtown in thirty minutes.  

And since I was feeling especially adventurous that day, after the seminar, I walked several blocks to The Last Bookstore, while ignoring the tiny raindrops that had started to kiss my face. The moment I walked in, I knew I was in book heaven.

  





The Last Bookstore is not your ordinary bookstore. It's like a book museum, art gallery and reading nook all in one place. You could get lost in time browsing through the thousands of titles in the multi-level store until you finally settle on several books that you can sit down with in a comfy chair. Unfortunately, I didn't stay too long because the sky outside was threatening rain and I still had a mile to walk from the train station to home. But, I promised to return. 

And if you're in the area, you should definitely check it out.


The Last Bookstore
453 South Spring Street
(entrance on 4th) 

8 comments :

  1. Oh man this is beautiful!!! I can smell all the lovely bookies. Man books are golden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yasssss! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE bookstores! I'd never leave...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then, this place is a must see if or when you visit L.A.

      Delete
  3. Can this be the first stop when I come visit LA? Pretty please. It's magical :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! We'll probably end up spending the whole day there. :)

      Delete
  4. I love it! The decor looks amazing and oh-so-inspiring. :) Also, I fully support you decision to take the train. I always try to take public transit when I head to San Francisco; I hate dealing with (and paying for) parking in the city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even capture half of the decor and artwork along its walls. It really is amazing! :) And yes, public transit is something I'm trying to take advantage of these days whenever I can. Traffic in L.A. has been a nightmare lately!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...