Wednesday, March 21, 2012

clouds + cloud(ed)


I took this picture last Sunday.
It's one out of probably twenty I took of the clouds.
I just love how they fill the sky after the rain.

I wish everyday looked like this.

I've been struggling all afternoon.
After spending all morning in court, I came back into
the office with a dreadful headache.
Not to mention I hurt my neck last night,
and now, I can't turn my head to the right or to the left.

So, instead of working, I've been scrolling through old files, old blog posts,
and old (email) "reminders" I used to send to myself.

I came across this "reminder" I sent on March 30, 2011:
"Just came back from Phoenix.  Remember this: he motivates and inspires me
to be the best possible me.  I love him for that."

I was talking about A, who I've mentioned a couple of times
(though not sure if I've ever referenced him as "A").
But I wrote several posts about him, like here, here, and here

A and I are not speaking anymore.
But that has a lot more to do with me than him.
Today, especially after reading the reminders and previous posts,
I wondered why I pushed him out of my life.
Because I miss him everyday.
But, then I read the posts again.
The post about Dexter and Emma (One Day),
and I remembered why I pushed him out of my life.

Self-preservation.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong.
Many days I wish I could take it back.
But, we can't change how we feel.
I can't change mine, and he can't change his.
So, we do what's best for us.
I did what was best for me.
At the time.

I miss him though.
Everyday.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...