Friday, August 5, 2011

life is good ... especially with ice cream


Sleep has been an unfamiliar concept to me lately.
Trying to juggle work, babysitting, work, basketball games,
work, birthday celebrations, work, friends, work, family, work, yoga,
and work work work,
there has not been much time for good ol' sleep.

But I feel good.
And I have found that good ol' water
is a great and reliable companion
to get me through the night ... and day.

But, recently, a client told me I should take a vacation.
I asked whether I looked that tired.
He said, not at all, but you should take one.
You deserve a break.
(Aww ...)

But I do take breaks.
Yesterday evening, I went out with a few old
colleagues, old friends, and had bad-for-us appetizers.
And that delicious Kona Coffee Ice Cream Sundae
(pictured above).
It was heavenly!

My friend then asked me if I could rate my stress level
from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, what would it be?
I said three.
Really, he asked?
How could that be?

Easy. 
There are many things that should stress me out.
And initially, when they come up (which is often), they do.
But I don't let it last long.
I allow myself a few minutes (sometimes, seconds) to hyperventilate,
to fume, tense up, get angry, resentful, feel sorry for myself,
then, I brush it all off.
Thus, needless to say, I also work really hard 
at not allowing anything to bother
me for too long.

Then, I told him, I feel good.
A year older.
And happier.
And that I have no desire to be 20 again.
No desire to be 25.
No desire to even be 30 again.
I love where I'm at.
And that's an awesome feeling.


p.s. For those who don't know me, it took a long, looooooonng time to get here.  This place of peace with myself.  With life.  But with hard work, it does happen.  I believe that.  So, don't give up. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...