Saturday, October 9, 2010

the things that make us smile.

I've been working way too much.  Too many hours.  Even for someone who loves her job, there comes a point when too much is, well, TOO MUCH.  And the job that I do is not one filled with joy, joy, joy!  I see sadness, disappointment, chaos, hardship, bad deeds and hopelessness on a daily basis.  Probably making you wonder what it is about my job that I love so much.  I can't really say.  There are many reasons though.  And the simple truth is that I love it.  But, sometimes, I also wonder what that says about me. 

I believe that's the reason I love the show Criminal Minds.  (Well, other than the wonderful cast and oh, Derek Morgan!)  I can relate to the characters, and their constant struggle of loving what they do, feeling that there's a purpose to it, but not loving what they see on a daily basis.  As much as I love what I do, I don't love what I see or hear everyday.  It leaves me feeling heavy-laden.  Thus, I constantly try to find things to lighten my heart, and to remind me that despite all that I see, there is goodness.  Life is beautiful.   

And well, poetry makes me happy.  Photographs make me happy.  They bring a smile to my face and such comforting warmth to my heart.  So, today for my self-imposed lunch break, I thought I'd share the things that make me smile and cheer me up on this work-filled day (weekend):

The sky blue color.  This coffee cup.  With white flower.  Just lovely!

*photo via little fernista

Colorful vases.  Fresh flowers.  I love flowers!
My dream windowsill. :)

*photo via better than fine

Blue bicycle.  Coffeeshops.

*photo via beautyineverything

The movie The Notebook.
Noah and Allie.
I believe there are loves like that.

The happiness that comes from seeing someone you love.
Lift-me-up-hugs make me happy!

*photo via better than fine

My dream (future) wedding dinner.

*photo via better than fine


What are the things that bring a smile to your face?
That lightens your heart?   
That makes you happy?   

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...