Friday, November 4, 2011

deciding, choosing, committing.


I walked outside earlier,
after the rain had stopped,
and I was greeted by the smell
of the nearing winter.

I'm wistful for the year that's almost gone,
but hopeful for the days to come.  

For the new year.

It'll be a different year ~
different in many ways.

Because I finally chose,
and making a decision that can
change the course of my life
has got to be the most exciting thing. 
ever!

Many exciting changes. 
Many exciting things to come.

That's what happens when you finally decide
that your life is yours.
And you can choose to take it
wherever you want.
Live.  It.  The.  Way.  You.  Want.

I know it took me awhile.
To get here.
To decide.
To choose.

But, you see, it's not something I take very lightly.
Once I decide, once I choose,
I commit.

And I'm committing!
(to many changes)
(to dreams long overdue)

{smile}


p.s. i love this song.  :)


Photo via

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...