Sunday, October 9, 2011

falling in love


Yesterday, I stepped out of the house early in the morning,
and was immediately greeted by the smell of fall. 
Followed by the embrace of its cool and crisp easy breeze.
I had missed you, I thought.  But now, you're here.
Gone for awhile, but never forgotten.
Because I knew you'd be back.
The same.  But different.

I closed my eyes.  For a brief moment.
And just took it all in.  The familiar smell.
The familiar and safe embrace. 
And I was overcome with feelings of
joy and excitement and hope.  Hope for all this season brings.
And that's when I felt my heart just smile.  I couldn't stop smiling.
And I knew, in my core, I was falling in love once again.

In love with everything around me.
The neighborhood I've gotten to know so well, yet,
everyday I notice something new - a swing in a neighbor's front lawn;
a toy on the porch; a new face walking by with the most adorable black pug.

In love with my family who greets me with the biggest smiles as if they
had just not seen me the week before.

In love with my friends, who in their own, unique ways, show
me they love me and just want to see me happy.

In love with this life I've been blessed with ~
though not one without disappointments, heartbreak and loss ~
it is beautiful.  Because in the midst of all those things I've still
found love.  And I'm grateful that my eyes and heart had been
opened to allow me to see that.  This life full of love.

And I'm grateful that I can fall in love everyday.
Right now, I'm in love with this life I have.


What are you in love with?


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...