Friday, August 3, 2012

because it still applies

I wrote this post exactly two years ago, and I thought I'd share it again.  I'm happy to say, I still feel the same way.

dear old self

I started this blog two years ago today because I was nostalgic for you. And because I thought that I was losing that hopeful and somewhat idealistic part that was you. I was afraid that somehow I had become jaded, tired and indifferent about the practice of law. And even worst, I thought that indifference was streaming over to all parts of my life because you see, the practice of law has been everything and nothing that we thought it to be.

So, in desperation, I went to find you. I wanted to find that girl who was sure she was going to be a lawyer, but also knew with all of her heart, that she didn't want to be just a lawyer.

Two years later, here we are. You in your old world. Where I found you. Where you belong. And me ... happy to visit with you time and time again, but finally just as happy to return to my place. Right. Here. Where I belong.

And what I want to tell you on this day is thank you ... Thank you for being afraid but willing. For being uncertain but hopeful. For being insecure but idealistic.

I especially thank you for today. This moment - right here - where I'm happy to be. You see, I wouldn't be here without you. Because life, right here, has been everything and nothing that we thought or planned it to be. Yet, still, I know it's where I belong. And that's because of you.

So, again, thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...