Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wait.




Have you ever heard a song, and instantly, your heart broke?  One minute you were one whole person and the next minute, you became someone completely different?

Changed.

Well, this song did that to me. 

Then, the other night, while watching the season finale of Parenthood, I realized something: we never know.  We won't know how we'll feel about a given situation until we're right there, faced with it.  And I know, it's a little "nutty" that a television show made me realize that, but it did.  And afterwards, I was a mess.  I never thought a show and a wedding and a Bob Dylan song* could make me cry like that.  But, it did.  And again, I was changed.   

We'll never know who we'll end up loving.  Until we meet that person.  Or, unfortunately, sometimes, not until we lose that person.   

A long time ago, I heard someone say, I didn't know what I was missing until I found it. 

Well, I didn't know what that person meant, until I felt it.

We just never know.

I never knew this song would break my heart until I heard it.  And I felt it.

I'll wait for  you, I'll wait for you alone
And I'll wait for you, I'll wait for you alone.



*Maybe it was the fact that it was a cover of the Bob Dylan song that I posted a couple of days ago (hint: the one Adele did a cover of).  Who would've thunk?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...