Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a pink balloon


All I want for my birthday is a pink balloon.

I've had an annoying, lingering headache since my trip to Dallas last week.
Work is piling up, and I have deadline after deadline, 
which involves some major legal analyzing.

But my head hurts!

However, I promised my friends that I would take the weekend off.
Since it is my birthday weekend! (Big smile!)
So, serious pressure to get A LOT done this week.
Despite the pounding headache.

But oddly enough, I am in the mood to celebrate.
And that's a first because like I've said
I never was much of a birthday-celebrating-kinda-gal.

But this year calls for a celebration.
Not so much because it's my birthday.
But it's because life is wonderful.
And I'm happy.

I couldn't really say that ten years ago.
I couldn't really say that five years ago.
So, I thought, why not celebrate happiness?

Thus, when asked by family and friends
what I wanted, I just said
quality time with "lots of laughter"
on the menu.
(So, of course, I.  Cannot.  Work.  At.  All.)

And again, just between you and me,
a pink balloon.

I want a pink balloon.

That would make my day just lovely and perfect! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...