Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013


Dear 2013,

You have been quite a year. The year when many past lessons were finally put to the test. I'm happy to report that final chapters were closed this year, and many seeds were planted for new beginnings. This was a year of going back to my roots, realizing God's role in my life (how he has always been there for me even when I didn't acknowledge or know Him), finding creativity again, re-establishing my relationship with writing, pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and most of all - forgiveness, gratitude and love. I learned that with forgiveness comes freedom and gratitude, and without the baggage of resentment and anger, there is more room for love.

I'm looking forward to what 2014 will bring. I believe that our lives have seasons, and I believe that a big season in my life just came to a close. I'm ready for the new one. I'm excited to see what will become of the seeds that had been planted.

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful photo, Mae. I have nominated you for the winter tag, Mae. The details are on the blog but I fully understand if you don't have the time to do it as I know how time consuming it can be xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm convinced that 2014 has just as amazing things in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination, Rachel! I will definitely look into the winter tag. I hope you're doing well. :)

    And Kari, thanks so much. I believe 2014 will be amazing for you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...