Wednesday, September 4, 2013

NYC, here I come!

Day 2 of Blogtember: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?

I seriously had too much fun with this topic!  I've been thinking about it ever since the Blogtember topics list came out.  There's just so much I would love to do if I could take time off from my current life: run around the green hillsides of Ireland, stroll the cobblestone streets of Oxford, read a book at a cafe in Paris, ride a gondola in Venice, go bike riding in Amsterdam, wine tasting in Tuscany and eat lots of gelato in Rome.  But, as those dreams bounce around in my head, there's one place that my mind (and heart) just keeps going back to - New York City.

I've always wanted to live in Manhattan.  There is something about the energy of the city that speaks to me.  Then, last year, I stayed in Brooklyn for a week and immediately fell in love.  So, if I could take three months off to do anything in the world, I would go to NYC.  Alternate between living in a Manhattan penthouse apartment and a Brooklyn brownstone.  Where I'll write, write, and write.  Both places stimulate my psyche and imagination in different ways, and when I'm there, I just want to soak up everything, and then, describe it to the world.

Then, when I'm not writing, I want to have dinner parties in the rooftop garden of the fabulous apartment I'll be staying at, listen to live music at a cafe, sit quietly at the Met, and read a book in the center of Washington Square Park.


I want to wake up early in the morning and run across the Brooklyn Bridge.


Or around Battery Park.


Or get lost in the crowd in Central Park.


I want to spend afternoons sitting next to a friend and looking at this view.


Or this.


Or under this massive tree.

And some days, I may just want to escape it all, and take the ferry to Staten Island:


So, that's what I would do (and so much more) if I had three months to do anything in the world - I would live in NYC and fall in love every single day.

What would you do?
 

5 comments :

  1. You've made NYC look so much more exciting than I think of it as - and I live here1 LOL Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's how I feel when people say or make LA look exciting! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love NYC, as much as I love London if I could choose any city in the world to live in it would be New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roof top dinners sound perfect and spending time in Central Park. I love all your ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...