Monday, December 31, 2012

a look back at 2012


It's been quite a year ... wonderful at its best.  And at its ... sad times.  Because I can't really say this was a bad year.  I was sad for awhile but overall, it was a really, really good year.

I was thinking about what the theme of this year has been, and the image that keeps coming to mind is a big wall that collapses down, thus, I call it the "breakdown of walls".  I've been told many times that I had these big walls around me, and that always made me sad because I didn't mean to put up such big walls that no one can get through.  Anyhow, this year, I really worked on breaking down those walls and learning to trust that I'll be okay without them.

Last night, after the movie, my friend and I had dinner and were reflecting on the past year.  I should say, the last ten years for me.  And she confirmed that I did it.  I broke the walls.  And I'm okay without them.  I'm more than okay.  I'm happy.

Anyhow, I think sometimes pictures have a better way of summing things up, so here's just a few of my 2012 adventures:

Secret Stairs hikes
Exploring L.A.
March madness
A new addition to the family!
SF/Napa Trip
Resolved.
Summer fun!
Living the dream.
Happy New Year, everyone!  Have an amazing and blessed 2013.  May it be filled with many awesome moments!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...