Saturday, September 24, 2011

Find the Time


I hate to admit this, but I haven't taken a vacation in about two years.  And by a vacation, I mean more than 3-4 days off.  I haven't taken more than a week off in two years. 

I never wanted to be one of those people who just worked.  And I'm proud to say that I'm not.  I work, and I do ten million other things.  Except take a break.  And do nothing.  

I'm supposed to be taking a break right now.  But, as you can see, I'm in front of the computer.  Again.  Writing. 

Yesterday, I stayed home because my office told me not to come in.  And when I called to ask a question, they did not want to respond because I was supposed to be doing nothing, but resting.

You see, I've been sick.  I think my body is screaming for me to just take the time to rest.  And honestly, my brain is feeling really exhausted, too.  That's the reason I'm supposed to go on vacation next week.  However, I was about to postpone it again since I haven't been so productive this week.  But I think my office will threaten to change the locks if I do that.  So, I have to go. 

The thing is, we do need breaks.  Rest our minds.  Rest our bodies.  Do nothing. 

And I do need to get better if I want to go on vacation.  So, as much as it pains me, I have to force myself to get in bed, and just rest. 

But it's such a beautiful day that I want be out there.  I guess, I'll have to enjoy the sunlight through my window.  With a good book. ... That counts as resting, right?  

Have a wonderful weekend!  And remember, take care of you!  


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...