Tuesday, May 10, 2011

letting love in


It can be frightening. 
It can break your heart.  To pieces.
But it's so worth it.

I just got off the phone with a friend, who has been contemplating between a new potential relationship, and letting go of an old, perhaps, no-longer-hopeful one.  I told her this: don't be afraid to let go.

Sometimes, we try, we wait, we hope ... but there comes a point when all the trying, waiting, and hoping reaches its peak ... its end.  And the only thing left to do is let go.  It's scary.  It's painful.  Being quite loyal to the ones I love, I never want to let go.  Sometimes, I think I can have enough hope and love for the two of us.  But I've learned that never works.  And thus, I finally let go.

And I've found that when I do that ~ let go ~ I open the door for something new (for instance, someone new).  Maybe something better.  Or maybe just something that works.

I also told my friend, know what works for you.  Know what you need.  What you want.  And again, don't be afraid to let go. 

And let love in

*photo via

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...