Wednesday, August 11, 2010

freedom.

*photo by Rosemarie via weheartit

I am so promoting Eat Pray Love! If you haven't already noticed the last couple of posts have been quotes from the book. Yes, I have picked it up (again) since the movie is coming out this weekend. And I so love the book!

I remember that it was highly recommended to me a couple of years ago. Actually, it was prescribed to me as a MUST read ... something about breakdowns in the bathroom in the middle of the night, epiphanies about being unhappy in the life (relationship) she thought she wanted, bitter divorce (break-up), meeting and falling in love with incredibly handsome man but still feeling empty. Thus, very painful decision to let go. To search. For God. For inner peace. Spiritual meaning. For self. My friend thought I could relate. Don't know why ... hmmm ... ;-) However, since she said it was a MUST-READ ... I picked it up.

But, to be completely honest, I didn't finish the book. Although I breezed through and enjoyed Italy (eat), and somewhat struggled, but loved loved India (pray), I couldn't make it to Indonesia (love). So, last night, I turned off the computer early, cleared my head of work, tucked myself comfortably in bed, and opened the book to Love.

As I found myself smiling, tickled, through the first few pages of Liz's journey in Bali, I realized that, perhaps, I wasn't quite ready for Love a couple of years ago when I first picked up the book, and thus, I closed it and put it away for later. For now. When I can finally understand. Love. (big smile)

But just to reflect a little, thought I'd share these instructions from Pray ... I repeated these over and over for awhile ... I think it worked. (bigger smile)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREEDOM

"1. Life's metaphors are God's instructions.
2. You have just climbed up and above the roof. There is nothing
between you and the Infinite. Now, let go.
3. The day is ending. It's time for something that was beautiful
to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now, let go.
4. Your wish for resolution was a prayer. Your being
here is God's response. Let go, and watch the stars
come out - on the outside and on the inside.
5. With all your heart, ask for grace, and let go.
6. With all your heart, forgive him, FORGIVE YOURSELF,
and let go.
7. Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering.
Then, let go.
8. Watch the heat of day pass into the cool night. Let go.
9. When the karma of a relationship is done,
only love remains. It's safe. Let go.
10. When the past has passed from you at last, let go.
Then climb down and begin the rest of your life.
With great joy."

(from Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...