Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Los Angeles - this city I love and hate and








I have a love/hate relationship with this city.
And today I realized why.

I'm as close to a Los Angeles native most people I meet get.
Lived here almost my entire life.
Tonight, I went to a writer's networking event,
and everyone I spoke to were transplants.
Moved to L.A. because the weather is great and
it's where the action is - swirling with creative energy.

Really?
It's interesting to see this city from their eyes -

But, when I hear what they think of L.A.,
their experiences in moving here,
I'm reminded why I haven't left.
It's a tough place to move to.
It's a tough place to be alone.
It's a tough place to grow up in.
But, once you get to know it, become familiar
with the endless freeways and roads and become
accustomed to the hour-long traffic jams,
it stays with you.

Because Los Angeles in its vastness can expose you 
to different cultures and worlds in an hour's time.
And you just don't want to leave.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...