Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Madness



I ... I can't get these memories out of my mind.
And some kind of madness
Has started to evolve.

And I ... I tried so hard to let you go.
But some kind of madness
Is swallowing me whole, yeah.

I have finally seen the light.
And I ... have finally realized
What you mean.

And now, I need to know is this real love
Or is it just madness
Keeping us afloat?

And when I look back, at all the crazy fights we had,
Like some kind of madness
Was taking control.

And now I have finally seen the light,
And I ... have finally realized,
What you need.

And now I have finally seen the end,
(Finally seen the end)
And I'm ... I'm expecting you to care,
(Expecting you to care)
And I ... have finally seen the light,
(Finally seen the light)
And I ... have finally realized,
(Realized)

I need to love
I need to love

Come to me,
Trust in your dream,
Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know, I can't be wrong
Baby, you're too head-strong
Our love is ....

Ma-ma-ma-mad-mad-madness.


I think I've mentioned more than enough times how I listen to music when I write, and how I even create "soundtracks" for my stories.  So, anyhow, the other day, I was in my car and this song came on.  I've heard it before but never really listened to it until that day.  I guess it came on at just the right time as I was going over a scene from my book in my head, and well, I have to be honest here and say that lately, I've had a hard time writing.  I've been stuck on fragmented scenes.  They're not flowing.  I know it's because I've been really busy with work so the book has been in the back burner for awhile, but I'm trying really hard to not let it stay there too long because I know how difficult it is to go back to it.  Thus, when I'm in my car, and can't do any legal work, I brainstorm.  I write in my head.  But for awhile, I had been going over the same fragmented, shallow scenes in circles.  I hit a wall.  I just had scenes with not much emotion.  And I need emotions!  I need to feel it to write it.  And I hadn't been feeling it.  Then, this song came on.  And bam!  I heard.  I finally listened.  To the music.  To the words.  And the scene just came together.  It's as if this song was written for my character.  And I saw it, I heard it ... playing during that turning point in her story when she finally realized what she had been doing wrong, and she finally saw what she needed to do: love him.

But, loving him can mean many things.  So, you'd have to read the book to find out what that means for her.  :)

By the way, I love this song. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...