Thursday, July 19, 2012

back to its old tricks again

I know it's my birth month, but like I've said before, it had always been a month of mishaps or losses or tragedies for me ... and I guess, this time, it's back to its old tricks again. 

I started the month with an accidental, and very painful, burn on my wrist.  I've been wearing a bandage for two weeks now, struggling while I typed, and well, it'll leave not-very-attractive scars.  But, at least it's only on my wrist, I say, every time someone gives me that "oh, poor thing it'll scar very badly" look.  It could've been worst.  The oil could've splattered to my face, leaving a big blister on my face instead of my wrist.  So, I could live with a blister (and a big scar) on my wrist.  The bandage is not very sexy, but my nephew thinks it's cool.  :)

Then, the other night, while I was working late trying to finish an outline, smoke started to come out of the power cord to my computer.  As I pulled the adapter out of the computer (in hopes of saving my work), it started to sparkle and a small flame burned the cord.  Now, I'm without a computer at home, which I guess, gives me a very good excuse not to be working late at night. 

Yesterday, I grabbed the wrong set of keys and locked myself out of my place.  I'm lucky to have a very nice neighbor, who helped me get back in.  :)

It's been a weird month so far.  And the weather has been weird, too.  But last night, the sky was beautiful.  And that was enough to bring a smile to my face.



forty-five minutes later:




Happy Thursday!!! :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...