Monday, June 18, 2012

he makes my heart melt

I've had a super-busy and stressful last couple of days, hence, my absence here.  But this afternoon I got this text from Jordan, and suddenly, the tensions in my shoulders and back disappeared.  And my heart melted.

"Ninang Mae, we should go ice skating.  I remember the last time was about 2008.  I remember it was ate (pr. a-teh, meaning: big sister), you and me.  Remember that?"*  ("Ninang" means godmother.)   

He's right - the last time I took him ice skating was in 2008.  The funny thing is that he was three at the time.

Yesterday, on the way to church, I asked him how his newborn niece was doing.  His response: She doesn't care about the world.  All she does is sleep, cry, eat, and poop.  I couldn't help but laugh.

When I think of Jordan I think maybe he's the reason I don't have kids just yet.  I don't think we'd have the kind of relationship we do if I did.  Or it would just be different.  He'd have to share me with someone.  And right now, he's not meant to.  He's the little man in my life.  The love of my life. 

I remember a couple of months ago, Jordan got really upset with me for snapping at him and scolding him.  So, he refused to answer my text messages and calls.  A couple of days later, I told my dad that I was sad because Jordan was mad at me.  A few minutes later, I got this text from Jordan: "I <3 U."  Then, he called me: I love you, he said.  I wasn't mad at you.  I love you!

How can I not be crazy about that boy?


*Just as a disclaimer, my six-year-old nephew doesn't have a cell phone.  He uses his sister's phone.  :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...