Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Home + what I have

Down the 101
You never know what you've got until it's gone, isn't that how the saying goes?  Or how about, you knew exactly what you had but you just never thought you'd lose it?  (I posted that awhile back.)   

The point is that we don't always appreciate what we have until at the point of loss.  Ever since high school, I've been wanting to leave Los Angeles.  Live somewhere else.  Far away.  But, every time the idea of moving away becomes a close or possible reality, I realize how much I love this place.  And I can't imagine leaving.  So, I don't. 

Anyhow, what triggered all of this?  Well, I had been thinking (again) of re-locating.  For a little while.  A change of city.  A different state.  Then, the thought came, how can I leave this city?  Like I said, it happens all the time.  But still, I haven't foreclosed the idea.  I told myself I'd be open to it.  And see where life takes me.  For awhile.  But I know, that no matter what, Los Angeles will always be home.    

And no matter where life takes me, it will be where I come back to.  Always.  It's where my heart is.  I know that now.  And I promise to never forget it.  Never forget what I have.     


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...