Sunday, October 16, 2011

Found



Before there was Glee, there was Fame.  I loved this show as a kid.  The first time I watched it, I fell in love.  With New York.  And I, too, dreamed of going to the New York City High School for the Performing Arts.

That seems so long ago.  My fingers dancing on piano keys.  My toes playing in ballet shoes.

But lately, I feel her again.

I guess, the inner child in us never dies.  Our childhood dreams remain in us.  And lately, I've found that who we were, when we were young and innocent and brave, is still who we are.  Sometimes, that young dreamer just gets buried so deep underneath all of life's expectations and responsibilities.

But I think I found her.  And I want her to know that no longer will I push her away.  That no longer will I listen to the voices that said say her dreams are silly.  No longer will I tell her that she can't do it. 

She can.

And no longer will I tell her that she can't follow her heart.

She should. 

She must.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...